Hosted by World of Speed
USFRA BAR STOOL CLASS RACING
BARSTOOL CLASSES TOP SPEED BY YEAR
|NAME||TOP SPEED||NAME||TOP SPEED|
|1998||No Lakester Class in 1998||CEC McCRAY||21.852 MPH|
|2000||KERRY MCLEAN||45.406 MPH||CHARLIE MESSINER||43.996 MPH|
|2001||ROBB SPENCER||43.019 MPH||CEC McCRAY||43.832 MPH|
Event Rained Out No Speeds
|2003||CEC McCRAY||46.245 MPH||CEC McCRAY||45.296 MPH|
|2004||SONNY ROSSI||45.115 MPH||CEC McCRAY||47.586 MPH|
|2008||ROB SPENCER||49.972 MPH|
|2009||KAREN MOHR -- IMDS Logan, UT||53.557 MPH|
|2010||KAREN MOHR -- IMDS Logan, UT||54.062 MPH||KAREN MOHR--IMDS Logan, UT||52.958 MPH|
|2011||2011 John Lee---Deviantev.com||55.935 MPH|
Denotes Current Class Record Speed
1. Must be constructed from a REAL BAR STOOL
2. 12 Volt DC Maximum Power (limited to ONE battery only)
3. MOTORS - Optional (limited to ONE single 12 volt motor)
4. STEERING - Required (keep it simple but safe)
5. BRAKES - Required, single-hand operated, external hand brake okay.
6. BODYWORK and FAIRINGS - Optional at builder discretion. There are TWO class records available. STREAMLINER class will have enclosed wheels and tires. LAKESTER class will have open wheels and tires. Other bodywork allowed in LAKESTER class.
7. TIRES - (4 required) Either pneumatic implement type tires and wheels or solid rubber tires and wheels. 10" MAXIMUM height.
NO BILLET ALLOY TIRES ALLOWED.
8. 30" MINIMUM seat height.
9. 23" MAXIMUM overall wheel track width measured to outside of tires. In streamlined class bodywork can exceed this measurement. Minimum wheel track width 18" measured to outside of tires. The wheels must be arranged in a rectangular configuration.
10. 21" MAXIMUM wheelbase.
11. All Riders must have full leathers, either one piece or full 360 degree zip together, leather boots and gloves, and a Snell 2005 (or later) approved, full-face helmet with full face shield.
12. No Gearbox, or Mechanical Shifting Device.
13. Rider MUST sit on the seat. (Your Butt must be on the Seat!)
14. All riders in the Bar Stool Class must be age 18 or older to participate.
The EVENT DATES are listed on the USFRA Home Page.
The BAR STOOLS will begin competing on the second day of the event and continue thru the last day of the event..
ENTRY FORMS Current fees and prices are on the Entry Form.
You must be a member of U.S.F.R.A. Membership Form.
Additionally, racers in ALL classes (including Barstools) Must pay course prep fee.
Each entry must go through Technical Inspection for Safety and Rule requirements.
Event will be held on the 130 M.P.H. Club course. They will be timed from the start to the 2/10ths trap
If on your qualifiing run you exceed the existing record you will go to a designated impound area, where you can work on your vehicle and charge the battery. All Bonneville records are a two run average..
There will be trophies and other awards and recognition for the winners and participants.
For additional information contact: